[Bsa-troop85] Summer Camp Merit Badges--Confirmation and Adult Leaders needed

David Harder davidlharder at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 16:03:02 CDT 2013

Hi Troop 85,

We have 15 Scouts registered for Camp Tom Hale.  They have signed up for some great badges and I'm sure they will have a lot of fun as they learn.  And we will have a lot of new Scouts who are going through the Tenderfoot training so they will be very well prepared to be leaders and to move quickly up the ranks in the fall.

Please double check the attached confirmation list.  I've tried to accurately enter every Scout's request.  I didn't know everyone's rank or birthday, so some of the ranks may be blank but I don't think that's very important.

But we do really, really need some more adult leaders!  So far only Richard Ross has signed up.  Remember you can come for half the time (either the first half or the second half).  That would work especially well if you partner with someone.  Remember, Mom's can also come if they complete the BSA training and volunteer form.  We already have some Dad's who say they might be able to come for 1/2 the week, but by my count we only 1 coming for the week, 2 who can spend 1/2 the week each, and one other possible 1/2 week person.  That won't be enough.  Please seriously consider coming to Tom Hale this summer.  You will have a great time.

Adults who come must also have completed the Doctor's approval form.  I'll only be here this coming Monday and then I'll be out of the country for about 6 weeks, so we'll have to assign someone else to collect those.

Thank you Don, Richard, Bari and Jason (and any others who are doing a lot of work behind the scenes that I'm unaware of) for all the time you put in for the sake of Troop 85!

Happy Scouting,

--David