[Bsa-troop85] Deer drive and November Campout information (Map, Consent Form, and Info attached)

Don Curry dcurry9541 at cox.net
Thu Nov 14 17:14:50 CST 2013

Hello, All:

Tomorrow, Troop 85 will be camping at Paradise Cove at Sequoyah State Park.
We will meet at the church at 5:30pm as per our usual habit.  The weekend
suggests we might have some wet weather, and mornings will start off cold.
If you have a young scout, please make certain they pack a warm sleeping
bag, camping mattress, and warm clothes.  Also, they should bring:

Fishing gear (with cut shad if they want to catch catfish),

Fishing license (if they are 16 or older)

Camera (finish up photography merit badge)

Boots/shoes they can get wet and/or dirty

DEET bug spray

Noisemakers (whistles, tambourines, etc.)

The deer drive will begin at 9am on Saturday morning.  We need lots of
people!!!  Bring family!  You can meet us at the Paradise Cove Marina area
at 8:30am (we'll have coffee) and we will travel to the study site together.
The study will be until roughly 10:30 or so.  Afterwards, you can join us
for hot dogs at the camping area before you head back to Tulsa.

Bring bug spray.  The area has a lot of deer, and therefore potentially a
lot of deer ticks.  Spray your shoes and lower pants to avoid these nasty
critters.  Noisemakers will help us move the deer along.

We will be back at about 10-11am Sunday from the campout.with some stories
and maybe some fish!

Let me know if you have any questions.  My cell phone is 918-812-1844.  See
you Saturday morning!!!

Yours in Scouting,

Don Curry