[Bsa-troop85] Summer Camp--final Merit Badge Class check

David Harder davidlharder at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 15:37:07 CDT 2014

Hi Troop 85!

We have a great group signed up for summer camp.  It should be a lot of fun.

Attached is the list that I entered for the Merit Badges.  Please confirm it before 8:00 pm tonight.  I will do the final submission sometime around 9:00 pm.  You can see I've attached both the Tom Hale formatted form (as an html page) and the spreadsheet I used to enter the data.  If I got anything wrong, I apologize.  We can make changes this evening.  If I don't hear from you I will assume everything is fine.

Here are a few questions for some of the scouts who signed up.

Broostin, Ryan--Soaring to Eagle (Tenderfoot) takes two class times.  So I replaced Shotgun Shooting with Engineering.  Camp Tom Hale recommends the shooting badges be for scouts who are 14 and have been to camp before.  But it's not required.  It's just a recognition that it helps to be a little older to do well enough to pass.  If you want to take shotgun instead of Engineering, please let me know.

Neuhaus, Zack and Snellings,Trey--even though you are both Scout rank, you enrolled in the Soaring to Eagle (2nd Class).  I just wanted to be sure this is correct.  I assume you must be almost done with Tenderfoot and want to take the requirements for 2nd Class, but I wanted to make sure.

Charlie Chaffin:  I believe you can sign up for one more merit badge since leatherwork and basketry are offered together.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.  Again, be sure to sign up for your physicals, using the BSA forms, if you haven't already done so.

Happy scouting!

--David