[Bsa-troop85] Drivers needed for Summer Camp!

David Harder davidlharder at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 16:07:30 CDT 2014

Hi to everyone going to Camp Tom Hale!

Summer camp is only two weeks away!  Be sure to be packing your things, getting your medical forms done, and making sure you have everything you need for camp. If you have any questions about what to bring (including money for snacks and gifts) you can look on page 43 of the leaders guide: http://www.halescoutreservation.org/pdf/2014%20HSR%20Leaders%20Guide.pdf  (note:  if you haven't been to comp before, you really need to invest in a folding cot.  Since it's a week-long event you won't want to sleep on the ground or in an air mattress that long).

Also, we need some parents to come serve as drivers on Sunday June 1, and also when we return on Saturday June 7!  With 19 boys registered to go, and only three adults at the moment, we don't have enough drivers.  It will take between 2.5 and 3 hours to get to the camp, so you can easily come down, help us set up and see the camp, and then head back and be home by the late afternoon.  My understanding is that we usually meet at Jenks Southeast Elementary around 8:00 am to load up and try to leave by 9:00.  Check in time is between 1:00 and 3:30 (with a fine for arriving early!) We'll also need some drivers to help us pick up the troop on Saturday at the end of the camp.

So if you can help us get your kids to and/or back from camp, please let us know!  Also, we need someone who has a vehicle with a trailer hitch who can haul the troop trailer down and someone who can help us haul it back.

And, if you'd just like to stay the week (or part of it) we could certainly welcome some more adults during the week!

Let me know how you can help.

Thank you for all you do for the boys of Troop 85.

--David