[Bsa-troop85] {Disarmed} Summer Camp packing reminder

David Harder davidlharder at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 22:07:14 CDT 2014

Hi Troop 85.

This is a reminder to pre-pack your stuff to make sure you have everything you need for camp.  I'm going to have my boys pack up everything tomorrow to make sure we have all we need.  That way if we need to buy anything, we'll have plenty of time to go get it.  Leave your class A uniform out because we'll need those when we're driving down to camp.  The list is on page 43 of the leaders guide:  http://www.halescoutreservation.org/leadersguide.asp

We do not have a meeting tomorrow night.

Remember to bring enough money for any merit badges that have costs, and also for some snacks and a t-shirt during the week.  Please do not send snacks with your scout.  It's better for them to just buy some during camp.  Otherwise people can get jealous etc.  And there is plenty of food during the meal times, especially if you like ham bars.

Please try to pre-pack everything and let me know if you have any questions.

May each of you have a blessed Memorial Day!  For any of you who have served in the armed forces, or who have lost family members in any of our nation's wars, we thank you for your service and their sacrifice to ensure our freedoms.  The day traces its roots to an amazing act of honor by some recently freed slaves in South Carolina at the end of the Civil War: Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

   Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos...
The unofficial summer kickoff got its start as a remembrance of the Civil War dead
View on content.time.com Preview by Yahoo
 Best,

--David