[Bsa-troop85] Youth & Adult applications for scouts and interested venturers

Ray Earley RGEarley at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 13:31:51 CST 2014

A number of scouts who have turned 14 expressed an interest in joining
the venture crew.  Because it is a separate unit, we need a separate
application filled out for each youth or adult to be registered.
Venturing is open for boys and girls ages 14-20; they have more
flexibility in what they can do, and are intended to be more
self-directed.  Mr. Abels has agreed to serve as adviser, on the
condition he will have some good support from some other adults.

The re-charter will be turned in Saturday 12/6, so if we can get any
applications before then it will be helpful.
Mr. Abels will have forms available Monday night, or you can fill out
the attached forms, print and sign them and bring them with you.  Adults
filling out adult applications, be sure to sign 2 places, one of which
authorizes a background check.

We've had a bit of a gap in our age groupings, with a couple of years of
not many boys at 14 years old leading to lean years in the crew; but
with more getting to that age we hope it will become more active again.

For boys who pay the $100 dues with the troop and want to register with
both units, we don't charge any extra.  For older boys who are not able
to participate so much with the troop and just want to participate in
the crew, the annual dues are $75.

Mr. Abels and Mr. Trost will be collecting forms on Monday; Mrs.
Hatheway will be collecting dues.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

YIS
Ray