[Bsa-troop85] stuff...

Ray Earley RGEarley at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 22:57:20 CDT 2014

Campouts are never "required"... the scouts, especially the newer ones,
will typically have opportunities to complete requirements for their
advancements on any of the  campouts.

The "survival" portion of survival campouts are for those scouts who
have earned the First Class scout rank (after Scout, Tenderfoot, and
Second Class).  By that time they have covered all the skills for
outdoor camping, and it typically takes a year or more to reach that
rank; the survival campouts give them a chance to practice more of thsoe
skills.

Scouts on a survival campout who don't yet have First Class will have an
opportunity to work on their advancement with the adult leaders.