[Bsa-troop85] Need reply on campouts! Trying to make the plans...

Don Curry dcurry9541 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 18:53:20 CDT 2014

Hello, All:

As I mentioned in earlier emails, we have a busy October coming up.  Lots of
opportunities for camping.  Unfortunately, I heard from very few of you as
far as who can and will attend, boys or adults.

Please review the dates and respond with your attendance:

For those of you with boys who are going to be inducted into the OA, the
first weekend of October is the Fall Ordeal. October 3-5.

The next weekend is going to be a Camporee at Camp Garland of which we will
be staff.  I need to get a count of boys and adults that will attend, and
their shirt sizes so I can order the T-shirts.  We also agreed (not me) to
wear tie dye kilts as the theme is the Scottish Games.  The leadership will
be looking for fabric and we will send home the material and instructions to
make kilts. October 10-12.

The weekend after that, we will be hosting Webelos at Camp Russell for a
Saturday overnight campout to introduce Webelos to the troop and to Boy
Scouts.  We need lots of troop and adult participation for that to make it a
memorable and enjoyable program. October 18-19.

We have been asked to assist with the FAM JAM the weekend after that.  We
will not have enough boys to represent as a troop (so far as I can tell) but
the boys and adults who would like to assist are welcome to do so.  Please
let me know and I will pass your information on to the leaders. October
25-26.

Also in October, we will have a Court of Honor on Monday, October 13th at
the If your son from 7-8pm.  Parents are EXPECTED to attend as we will
celebrating the boys' accomplishments since our last Court of Honor.

Lastly, the Marshes have asked the troop to join them for a Halloween Party
on Friday, October 31st at 6:30pm.  They will send out additional
information as the date gets closer.  It will include dinner, activities,
and a movie.

Thank you,

Don Curry