[Bsa-troop85] Summer Camp Departure Information!

David Harder davidlharder at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 22:44:32 CDT 2015

Hi Troop 85 Summer Camp Attendees,
It's only one week until Tom Hale Summer Camp 2015!  Here are some things to know:
1.  You must have your medical and permission forms!  We won't be able to take you to camp unless you have it completed by your physician.  If you need them, the forms are here: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx
 2.  Be sure to look through the list of items to bring to camp.  A list is with the leader's guide here: http://www.halescoutreservation.org/leadersguide.asp 3. Departure:  We will meet next Sunday morning, May 31, at 8:30 at the north parking lot of of Jenks SouthEast.  Medications (with a permission slip for me and/or Paul to distribute them) and any last minute paperwork should be brought to this meeting & turned into one of the adults (TBD).  Please be early, not late.  We will load personal gear into the trailer, take a picture and leave as quickly as possible (at 9:00).  Scouts should have money for lunch and any cash they will be taking to summer camp.   We will depart and stop in McCalester for lunch.... then head to HSR to arrive for check in at 1:00.

4. Suggestions to consider that may not have been covered earlier.  (i) Do not forget your Cot, water bottle, rain gear, flashlight.  (ii)Some scouts will pack a flat sheet along with their sleeping bag.  If it is hot at night a flat sheet to cover with instead of burying yourself in a sleeping bag can be more comfortable.  (iii) A day pack to carry small items around with during the day can be nice.
5. CASH:If your or your scouts want an adult to hold excess cash we will have someone prepared for that.... an envelope with your scout's name on it will help facilitate this activity.  I am chaep, so if you are looking for guidance $5 a day will provide more than enough candy in a day.  Additional amounts for T-Shirts; plastic mugs they can get branded; and other quality merchandise is at your discretion.  The shop does take credit cards if you so dare....  Other than making sure the scouts pay their merit badge fees, I will not intend to manage cash for them...  I will ask them to think about it, but if they have $50 and ask for it all on Monday then when it is gone it's gone.  They will eat just fine & have plenty of water to drink.
6. Facebook... don't forget to like the Tulsa Troop 85 page & also join the Tulsa Troop 85 group if you have not done so already.

See you soon!  Let me know if you have any questions.
Yours in Scouting,
--David