[Bsa-troop85] Herb Festival - Status / Plan / Needs

Richard Ross richardaggie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 22:46:26 CDT 2013

It is long, but it's light reading.....I have not heard from everyone that is attending the high adventure Trip & so I would still like to hear back from others on when they can work so that I do not have to ask the patrol leaders to start calling people tomorrow evening.

Where the Troop probably need the greatest help is to have some folks come and work between about 10:00 & 2:30.  This will likely be the busiest time & I need folks to operate the "mobile sales station."

(1) A map of the layout of the festival can be found at the following link.  Our booth is normally located across from Booth 73 & 74.  (Tedford Insurance Parking Lot facing Main Street)  http://jenksgardenclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/HERB2013.pdf Workers should bring lunch money if they plan to buy lunch during their shift.

(2) Volunteers I have at this point are as follows:

  (a) Friday 6:30 - 7:30 (NOTE CHANGE IN START TIME ) - Assist Herb Festival Staff Distribute Chairs - Point of Contact is James Werner 918-292-9962.  I would look for James over around what will be the Food Court area on 2nd & Main.
    Phil & Tyler Traino  (see note 3c)
    Jason & Ryan Lindsey (see note 3c)
    Don & Ben Curry
    others needed to make short work of this...
  (b) Saturday 8:00-12:30  Set up and operate drink stand.
    Max Trost
    Paul Dower  (Timm?)
    Don Curry & Ben
    Wayne, Wyatt & Ryan
    Richard & Carson Ross
    Several of us will arrive well before 8:00 & so others could arrive about 10:00 to start providing relief & more workers.
  (c) Saturday 12:30-5:00 Operate; take down stand & help collect tables for herb festival.
    Kent BariHatheway & Reese
    Richard & Carson Ross
    several folks from the morning have indicated they will stay all day if needed, but I'd like to get some relief from others.
(3) Specific Assignments:

  (a) Bari will give me the cash drawer for the stand Friday evening.
  (b) Wayne will bring the Canoe Saturday Morning and I'd like to also get your help getting the "event coolers" & drinks from Reasors to the site.  If we can talk tomorrow to see when we might meet.
  (c) Phil Traino & Jason Lindsey - Be the points of contact/lead adults for friday evening so that I don't have to come down there.. I'll talk to you about this tomorrow.
  (c2) Phil Tranio is bring saw horses.
  (d) Richard Ross is planning to fill up the large coolers Friday Night and leave them in the kitchen of the church.  I'm doing that so that the ice maker has some time to recover if we need more ice & also so it doesn't have to be done early.  I will also get the signs; pop-up; weights; recycle bins; and boards to support the canoe while I am there.
  (e) Don Curry or Jason Lindsey - it is my hope that one of you could swing by the church early Saturday morning to pick up the coolers full of ice.  I figure your truck or suburban can handle the weight better than my mini van.  I can meet you there to help load them.
(4) Specific Needs:
  (a) Someone with a somewhat heavy duty wagon/cart we could use to hold a cooler with drinks for a mobile station.
  (b) Additional Scouts during the middle part of the day when we are likely to be busiest & in the afternoon.
  (c) Additional Adult volunteers during the day so some of the early workers that will have to come back to take down and haul off can have a break during the day.
  (d) Someone to go get additional ICE at the church during the day.
  (f) REALLY HOT WEATHER & NO RAIN... or perhaps a light rain for 10 minutes so it feels even hotter.

Richard Ross
9182848702