[Bsa-troop85] Leadership Position Applications, Tomorrow's meeting - ELECTIONS

Don Curry dcurry9541 at cox.net
Sun Jun 23 09:45:49 CDT 2013

Hello, All:

It has been a busy few weeks!  Yesterday I got to see Ben and Tyler graduate
from NYLT and got to see our four Troop/Crew 85 members that were staff for
NYLT!  That was a lot of fun!  Everyone is excited to get back to the troop
and implement their ideas on how to make the troop Grow and GO!

We will be meeting at the church on Monday.  The majority of the meeting
will be Troop elections.

If any boy wants a position, he MUST fill out the application.  PARENTS:
Please assist your sons with their goals for the position.  They must write
out 5 SMART goals that pertain to the position and from which they will be
measured as to whether they earned advancement for that position.

Specific - Don't try to change the whole world!  What do you have control
of?

Measurable - What is done by when and how do I know it is done?

Attainable - Can it be done in 6 months?  What are the steps that make it
attainable?

Relevant - Is it something that the troop needs?  Is it something that makes
you better?

Timely - Is the goal set out too far or too soon?  Would it be better to
break it into several small goals to complete the larger goal?

All the position responsibilities and position types are listed at
http://www.bsahandbook.org/PDFs/troop.pdf

Responsibilities for the positions can be found at
http://troop996.com/BSA_leadership_pos.pdf

Please have the boys prepare their application before the troop meeting.
Elections can take awhile.  Especially if we aren't ready.

Please take this seriously.  Many of the leadership skills we work on in
scouting have to do with setting goals, accomplishing tasks in an orderly
manner, and working with a team.

Attached is the Leadership Application.

Yours In Scouting,

Don Curry