[Bsa-troop85] Sunday - Busy Day - Please Respond

Don Curry dcurry9541 at cox.net
Fri Sep 27 12:15:46 CDT 2013

Hello, All:

As you are aware, this Sunday is a busy day for our troop.

First, it is a Salvation Army Sunday.  We will meet at the church at 5:30am
to get the food and drive to the Salvation Army on N. Denver, where we ill
cook and serve breakfast.  It should be done by about 8:30am.

Later, we will host our second Webelos Invitational at the church.  The time
is approximately 11:30am to 2:30pm.  We will be making lunch, so come
hungry.  You can bring young ones if you would like as there is a playground
there.

The Invitational is a recruiting tool for us to impress Webelos at a number
of packs.  It is also a time for several of our scouts to practice
organizing, planning, and leading.A hardy thank you for Reese Hatheway and
Peter Wright for their work on this project.

The Webelos will be with us from 12-2.  Ben and I will have to leave early
as Ben is involved in another Scout meeting beginning at 2pm in Sand
Springs.  I need adults who can assist the boys, talk to Webelos parents,
and can make certain that things run smoothly and safely.  I also need as
many boys to be there as possible.  More hands, lighter work.

This is an important function of our troop, as it allows the troop to grow,
and it keeps wobbly Webelos from quitting scouting before they get to the
Boy Scout level.

I hope I can count on all of your assistance to help in this endeavor.

Please write back and let me know that you and your sons will attend.

Thank you!

YIS,

Don Curry