[Bsa-troop85] Troop 85 Root-beer Stand - Jenks Herb Festival 4/18 & 19 (tonight and tomorrow)

Richard Ross richardaggie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 12:58:42 CDT 2014

The attached pdf outlines the volunteers I have confirmed so far to help
with the herb festival this weekend.  Recall this is a fund raiser to help
offset expenses associated with this summers trip to Philmont & so those
attending or having a scout attend (aka parents) Philmont are expected to
help in some way.   ALL the boys in the troop are also encouraged to help
Saturday. The boys & adults have a good time & I often will buy the scout
that comes up with the best sale pitch a drink…

The stand is typically located just west of the corner of 2nd & Main on the
north side of the street.

For those helping tonight at 6:30 I find it easiest to meet in the parking
lot on the Southeast corner of E & 2nd street.

*Specific areas where help is still needed:  *

(1) two or three more scouts & parents to show up this evening  in down
town JENKS at 6:30 to help the Herb Festival folks distribute tables &
chairs.  This is a service we do to help them out in exchange for the prim
sales spot they give to us each year.

(2) one additional adult person with a truck at 8:00 a.m. to help pickup
the drinks.  Reasors may also let us borrow one of their display troughs
and those will need to be transported to the sales site.

(3) I need scouts/parents to indicate when they will be available to work
on Saturday.  I think we most of the morning set up & shift covered; but I
need more folks that can arrive mid morning as well as throughout the day.
 reply to me (not all) and let me know when your available.   Although I
have had several adults indicate they are willing to stay all day, it would
be nice to provide them some relief/break during the day if that becomes
possible.

(4) We could use a wagon as a rolling sales station.  It does need to be
something a little heavier so it can hold a cooler full of ice & drinks.

(5) Someone to take coolers/troop items back to the church at the end of
the day & put them in the troop shed.

(6) Someone with a truck willing to be on call if I need them to make a run
back to the church for more ice.

NOTE: Although not shown on the list, Mrs Hatheway is taking care of
getting the cash… we will have seed money to get things started.