[Bsa-troop85] Communication from the Scoutmaster

Don Curry dcurry9541 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 22:26:45 CDT 2014

Hello, Everyone:

It is hard to believe that the end of the Summer is creeping up quickly.
What a beautiful Summer.  I sure don't want to see it end.

I am writing this since our new scribe, Nicolas Woo, is on vacation this
week.

Coming up:

Camping August 15-17 at Spavinaw State Park. The good thing is that it is
close, water right next to the camps, fishing, and swimming.  They will be
doing the camping portion of the cooking merit badge and planning the next
year.  This is a good campout for parents to be involved in and important
for all scouts to attend so they can have input on the direction of the
troop over the next year.

Next campout would be September 19-21.  This will be a survival campout.
1st class scouts and above can participate in the survival aspect of it.
Those not 1st class will stay in camp and work on advancement with the
adults.

The boys will be working on the Cooking merit badge for the next few weeks
as it is now an Eagle Required merit badge.

As a reminder for those who want to fish at Spavinaw.anyone 16 or over must
have a fishing license.  We will talk about lures and tackle next week.

That will get us started.if any of the boys are interested in helping a cub
scout den, a position called den chief is available.  It is a very important
position as it helps the cub scouts get a sense of how cool Boy Scouts is,
they get to be awed by an older boy, and the troop will likely be able to
recruit those boys when they crossover.  All of these are important points.
If you have questions, please write me at dcurry9541 at gmail.com
<mailto:dcurry9541 at gmail.com> .

Yours in Scouting,

Don Curry