[Bsa-troop85] August Campout Details & Popcorn!

Paul Marsh paul at marshstudios.com
Thu Aug 13 16:36:28 CDT 2015

Our August campout / float trip is coming up on Friday August 21!

We will be camping at Elephant Rock Nature Park in Tahlequah, which is a 200 acre natural area run by an Eagle Scout.
We will camp Friday night and float either a 6.5 or 10.5 mile trip on Saturday (we will decide once we know more about who is going, etc)
Sunday we will get up like normal and plan to roll into Tulsa around 10:30 or so.

If you haven’t RSVP’d for the campout, please do so using the Troop 85 App in the events tab. There is an “Are you coming?” button that makes it a super easy to let us know.

Because of the float trip, there is an extra cost so please bring $20 (in addition to $15 food money) per each scout for this trip to the Monday troop meeting.

This Monday, the boys will be planning food for the campout, plus checking supplies and equipment for the trip, and testing out our new tents that we ordered.

POPCORN!

Monday is also the night we will be talking all about our upcoming Popcorn Fundraiser!
With the help of Mrs. Sutton and Mrs. Marsh, the boys will be practicing their sales pitches and brainstorming great ideas to help sell our popcorn.
There will be opportunities for some scouts to get credit for Communication merit badge requirements if they want to help make a Troop 85 marketing piece or poster. We may also be creating a new Troop 85 banner with the help of the scouts.

Parents, when Popcorn Show-and-Sell dates are announced, please help by making sure your son participates in as many selling events as possible. The popcorn fundraiser has the potential for helping our troop raise a lot of money, if we have good participation. Our fundraising chairs are working hard to be organized to make the campaign very successful! Stay tuned for more details.

Thank You

Paul Marsh
Marsh Studios
PO BOX 851