[Bsa-troop85] Scout Meeting Monday

Paul Marsh paul at marshstudios.com
Sun Mar 8 13:30:21 CDT 2015

MARCH CAMPOUT
Monday night we will be planning for out March Campout which is March 20-22 at Red Rock Canyon State Park.
The campout will be over the last weekend of Spring Break. For the families that aren’t traveling, this is a great way for the boys to get out and camp with their friends.

If your son will be going with us on this campout, we need to know at tomorrow night’s meeting. We will be collecting food money for the campout, so please send $15 with your son to the meeting.
We will be teaching the boys some new dutch oven recipes on the campout, and working on cooking skills. We will be talking about the details with the boys at the meeting.

ADULTS NEEDED
We also need adults to attend too. Adults, if you are able to camp with us, please respond to this email and let me know.

SCOUT BINDERS
As mentioned in the email this week, we are also starting the Scout Binders this week. Please have your son bring a 3-inch 3-ring binder, and we will be going over the plan for getting organized with our merit badge work.

IS YOUR SON PLANNING TO GO TO PHILMONT IN 2016?
We are needing to make deposits for our high adventure trip to Philmont Scout Ranch for the Summer of 2016.
That sounds like a long ways away, but it will be here before we know it.
Going to Philmont for many boys is a rare opportunity. It has long been the premiere event for Scouts, and many adults have great memories of going as a young scout.
We are organizing our list of boys that will be going, and need to finalize our deposits.
For younger boys that may not know about Philmont, please take a look at information on the website.http://www.scouting.org/Philmont.aspx <http://www.scouting.org/Philmont.aspx>

Some of our newest scouts will be eligible (age 14) by next summer, so please consider going, it will be an amazing time.

Thank You

Paul Marsh
Marsh Studios
PO BOX 851