[Bsa-troop85] Getting Organized: Scout Binders

Paul Marsh paul at marshstudios.com
Wed Mar 4 23:17:41 CST 2015

We have ideas in the works intended to help your boys get more out of scouts, and to help families stay more informed about what is going on each week.

The first of our plans will help the boys keep track of their merit badge work.

SCOUT BINDERS:
We need each boy to bring their own 3-inch 3-ring binder to use at scouts.
Scout Binders will be the tool to help the boys take responsibility and keep track of their work.

Each month we will be working on different merit badges as a group.

The boys will be asked to print and bring the corresponding worksheet for that particular merit badge. (All of the worksheets are available online and can be printed from the BSA website.)

Whether the work is finished in a couple of weeks or six months, the boys will be able to keep track of their progress by keeping the paperwork handy in the binder.

FOR NEXT MEETING:
Please help us by making sure your son brings a 3-inch binder it to the next meeting.

ADULTS NEEDED:
Last year we were fortunate that Timm Dower led the Photography merit badge lessons and organized the Cinematography merit badge lessons for us. The boys had a great time, and we want to do more of that.

In April, my wife, Wynne, will be leading the Gardening merit badge lessons.

If you are looking to get involved and help the troop, please consider leading a merit badge lesson. You don’t have to be an expert in the area, just willing to read a merit badge book of your choice, attend a couple of meetings and present the material. Please contact me if you are willing and interested.

Thank You
Paul

Paul Marsh
Marsh Studios