[Bsa-troop85] Summer Camp

Richard Ross richardaggie at gmail.com
Thu May 30 10:23:44 CDT 2013

(1) First, I appreciate those of you that have gotten information back to
me about your plans to get the physicals & other paperwork addressed.  If
you want to bring things to me Friday evening that will be fine too.

(2) Rough Itinerary:

*Friday Evening 6:00 p.m. - 5/31 - * we will meet *at the church* to load
the trailer for summer camp.  Everyone should have all their gear packed
and ready to load... I will be looking for any remaining/missing paperwork
at this time.  Please remember to keep your Scout Uniform out to wear
during our trip down to camp Sunday morning.    If not e-mailed out
earlier, I will have a list of the merit badge fees for each scout so that
you know how much to send with your scout.  You can see this from earlier
notes distributed by Mr. Harder or the hale leaders guid.

*Sunday Morning 9:00 a.m. - 6/2* - We will meet in the *north parking lot
of Jenks Southeast.*  Mediations and any last minute paperwork should be
brought to this meeting & turned into one of the adults (TBD).  Please be
early, not late.  Will take a picture and leave as quickly as possible.
 Scouts should have money for lunch and any cash they will be taking to
sumer camp.   We will depart and stop in McCalester for lunch.... then head
to HSR to arrive for check in at 1:00.

Saturday Morning ??:?? a.m. - 6/8 - We will pack up much of the camp the
evening before, load the trailer, eat breakfast, check out of camp and head
home.  I will send out an e-mail note and post something to the Facebook
group when we leave.  Please be prepared to be reachable and be at the
church sometime between 10:30 and 12:30.  Our leaders/scouts will be tired
& ready to go home... so be prepared to jump right in and help pull things
out of the trailer.

(5) Suggestions to consider that may not have been covered earlier.
(i) Do not forget your Cot, water bottle, rain gear, flashlight.
(ii)Some scouts will pack a flat sheet along with their sleeping bag.  If
it is hot at night a flat sheet to cover with instead of burying yourself
in a sleeping bag can be more comfortable.
(iii) A day pack to carry small items around with during the day can be
nice.

(4) CASH*:*
If your or your scouts want an adult to hold excess cash we will have
someone prepared for that.... an envelope with your scouts name on it will
help facilitate this activity.  I am cheep, so if you are looking for
guidance $5 a day will provide more than enough candy in a day.  Additional
amounts for T-Shirts; plastic mugs they can get branded; and other quality
merchandise is at your discretion.  The shop does take credit cards if you
so dare....  Other than making sure the scouts pay their merit badge fees,
I will not intend to manage cash for them...  I will ask them to think
about it, but if they have $50 and ask for it all on Monday then when it is
gone it's gone.  They will eat just fine & have plenty of water to drink.

(5) FAcebook... don't forget to like the Tulsa Troop 85 page & also join
the Tulsa Troop 85 group if you have not done so already.

Gig'em Aggies

Richard Ross